More Info on Micrometers
A micrometer is a tool that is also known as the micrometer screw gauge. It can be used to achieve an accurate measurement on very thin objects.
There are three different types of micrometers.
- An outside micrometer can be used to measure wires, spheres, shafts, and blocks.
- An inside micrometer is used to measure the diameter of holes.
- A depth micrometer is used to measure the depths of slots and steps.
With the micrometers LCD read out it makes it easier for you to take quick and accurate measurements. Some of the benefits of an LCD micrometer include:
- The LCD micrometer will display the measurement for you while other micrometers are going to require you to read scales.
- An LCD micrometer is going to have a higher accuracy and be more reliable.
- The zero function allows you to calculate the difference between measurements. You won’t have to use a calculator.
- You can easily convert the measurement by pressing the mm/inch button so that it can fit your specifications.
- While the LCD requires a battery it does have a long life for maximum use.
When precise measurements are necessary, the micrometer is the ideal tool for the job because the measurements and readings are on the same axis and the anvil end is supported by a strong frame.
Shop HomElectrical where we have micrometers that can assist you in any measuring job.