Jump to navigation
What Kind of Hand Tool do I need?
- Cutting Tool– Cutting tools make trimming through tough material easy making your project go faster. Cutting Tools are named by the type of material you need to cut, i.e. pipe cutters, cable cutters, bolt cutters, and more.
- Fishing Tap– a wheel of wire that is used for the retrieval or arrangement of electrical wires. This a common tool used by electricians.
- Hex Key Wrench & T-Handle Key– hex key wrenches are shaped like an ‘L’ and have a hexagonal tip for securing or loosening fasteners. The t-handle key has the same hexagonal tip but is ‘T’ shaped.
- Putty Knife– a common tool during drywall or plaster projects. Used primarily for evening the putty out but can also be used to remove paint and wallpaper.
- Retrieving Tools– a long stick that has a claw on one end. The claw opens and closes when the trigger is pulled. It is a common tool for those with an injury or disability who need help reaching objects.
- Scraper– these tools can spread or scrape off any unseemly material from a variety of surfaces. They can be hand-held or longer depending on its application.
- Screwdriver– a very popular tool that can come with a variety of heads including: phillips, flat, nut driver, and more depending on your needs. These tools are commonly used to secure and loosen fasteners.
- Sockets & Accessories– a type of wrench that attaches to a handle called a ratchet and is commonly used on nut and bolts. Creates a firmer grip on the fastener making it easier to tighten or loosen.
- Specialty Hand Tools– a specific type of tool that is used for a specific application. This can range from funnels to safety air guns.
- Stapler & Tacker- stapler and tacker guns are generally used for installing new roofing or common construction. There are different types that can benefit you depending on the application from a plier type stapler to a hammer tacker.
- Tool Sets– tool sets can come with a variety of tool or of different sizes of the same tool. These sets include: wrenches, sockets, metric & die, hex keys, and more.
- Utility Knife– a common tool on the loading dock or in the office. Usually a retractable blade that can be used on wood, cardboard, plastic, and more.
- Wire Stripper & Wire Cutter– usually shaped like a pair of scissors or pliers and is generally used by electricians. Wire strippers cut into the insulation material only that is covering the wire so it can be torn away. Wire cutters are used to cut the wire to make it shorter and fit a certain shape.