More Info on Pliers
Pliers are versatile hand tools that can be used to hold objects in place; they are also able to bend and compress a wide range of wires and other materials.
- Pliers generally have soft graspable handles that make for optimum user comfort.
- We also offer a variety of multi-tools that come with several plier types in one convenient tool.
- Plier sets come with 5-8 different types of pliers to help you with not just one but a variety of projects.
Find out what type of pliers you need.
- Needle Nose Pliers – have long and thin jaws that make it easy for you to reach those tight places.
- Combination Pliers – made for both gripping and wire cutting. Is used a lot in electrical applications.
- Cutting Pliers - are used to cut or remove wires, bolts, nails, etc.
- Slip Joint Pliers – perfect for when you are working with smaller objects and need to tighten or loosen a fastener.
- Fence Tool Pliers – commonly used with fences for cutting and pulling staples out of the fence. With its heavy head it can also be used as a hammer.
- Locking Pliers – also known as a vice grip, these pliers allow you to lock in your grip on the fastener and turn or pull without it slipping.
- Electrician Pliers – specifically designed for use by electricians.
- Groove Joint Pliers – also known as angle nose or channel pliers, are great for big objects like pipes. Has an adjustable jaw that can be configured to fit your objects size.
No matter the project, HomElectrical, the electrical supply store, has the right pair of pliers for your specific application.