More Info on Plug Taps
Plug taps, also known as a tap die, are tools used for threading which is the process of creating screw threads.
- The tap is used to cut or form the nut and the die is used to cut or form the bolt.
- The size of the plug tap comes between 5/16-2 inches.
Find the type of plug tap that best suits your application.
- Taper Tap – has 7-10 thread chamfers or cutting edges with a lot of teeth.
- Plug Tap – has more than 4 thread chamfers and is commonly used in blind holes and clear or through holes.
- Bottoming Tap – has just enough teeth to begin a hole. It is made to thread blind holes to the bottom.
Browse HomElectrical, the electrical supply store, for brands of plug taps to fit any type of routine maintenance, repair, or re-threading application. We have a broad selection to choose from to ensure that you can find the plug tap that is right for you.