More Info on Wire Strippers & Cutters
A wire stripper and a wire cutter are small, hand-held tools that are used to remove, or strip, the electrical insulation from wires.
- Wire strippers have a pair of blades that pull the insulation clean from the wire.
- Many wire strippers are also equipped with a cutting tool to cut through the wire should that be necessary.
- We also offer multi-tools that can take measurements, fit different sized wires, and more.
- Some of these wire cutters and strippers come with a handle lock to prevent the cutters from opening by themselves.
Wire strippers and wire cutters can be either automatic or manual.
- The manual wire stripper is used by rotating it around the insulation while applying pressure to cut the insulation. The insulation can then be easily peeled back.
- The automatic wire stripper grabs the wire from one side and cuts and removes the insulation from the other side.
Find a wide variety of both automatic and manual wire strippers and cutters for all your needs at HomElectrical.