More Info/Benefits of Thermostats
A thermostat is a part of a control system which senses the temperature and maintains a desired set point.
- The thermostat operates by switching heating and cooling devices on or off.
- It also regulates the flow of a heat transfer fluid as often as necessary to maintain the correct temperature.
Here at HomElectrical, the electrical supply store, there are two different types of thermostats, both with their own benefits. First there are programmable or smart thermostats:
- Features an automatic setback. This will start and stop the heating or cooling system of your thermostat at least twice in a 24 hour period.
- Smart thermostats allow you to change the temperature in your house wirelessly.
- They can also save you money in the long run.
Then there are basic thermostats:
- Basic temperature controlled thermostats are a simpler product.
- Requires that you change the temperature manually.
- Is a good choice for those who are uncertain about their current living arrangements and can’t invest in smart thermostats.
Many of our products contain a backlight that can help you change the temperature at any time of the day or night.
Find the ideal thermostat for your application with HomElectrical's large selection and competitive prices.