The General Protecht 15-Amp Tamper and Weather-Resistant GFCI provides extra protection from electrical shock, fire, and other hazards that many typical GFCIs can not provide.
General Protecht 15-Amp Tamper/Weather Resistant GFCI features:
- Color: Ivory.
- Voltage: 125 V.
- Amperage: 15-amp.
- Safe: Safe-lock design assures fixed state when current is tripped.
- Working Temperatures: Works reliably at temperatures from -31 F to 151 F.
- Tamper-Resistant: Prevents foreign objects from entering into electrical socket.
- Effective: Can sustain up to 6000 V & 10,000 amp current impulse instantaneously.
- Easy Installation: Green grounding screw works as grounding connector for easy installation and recognition.
- End-Of-Life Detection: When GFCI fails, red warning signal will auto-warn to remind user to reset or replace.
- Strong & Durable Material: Made of high-impact resistant thermoplastic which is resistant to shock, heat, corruption and moisture.
- Weather-Resistant: Built with more durable housing & corrosion-resistant metal components that can resist both UV light and extreme temperatures.
- Stay up to code!: As of 2008, the National Electric Code (NEC) requires that GFCI receptacles be installed in all possible wet and damp environments, including the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, and basement. The NEC also requires that all new and renovated facilities must use tamper resistant receptacles in all construction projects.
- Codes Met: This specific GFCI exceeds UL943 and cUL943 technical requirements in the NEC.