Auger & Spade
There are benefits to having an auger or spade drill bit.
- An auger is a drilling device, or drill bit, that usually includes a rotating corkscrewed blade called a "flighting" that removes the drilled out material.
- This tool is used with power tools to dig out holes in many different materials.
A spade is also a tool used for creating holes.
- Spades are specifically used for wood.
- They are flat, with a centering point and two cutters.
- The cutters are usually equipped with spurs in order to create a cleaner hole.
- Spade bits are going to wear faster than an auger drill bit
Here at HomElectrical, our selection of auger and spade products come in a full array of sizes to fit any hole drilling need ranging from 3/4-15/16 inch drill bits. For those of you who need not just one spade drill bit we also sell spade drill bit sets that comes with 6 different sizes.
Save with HomElectrical's competitive prices on auger and spade drill bits and find the one that is right for your application today.