General Protecht GFCI15-WR-W 15-Amp Weather Resistant (WR) & Tamper Resistant (TR) GFCI, White
Comparable GFCI Outlet Products
General Protecht GFCI15-WR-W Description
The White 15-Amp Tamper/Weather Resistant GFCI provides protection against electrical shocks and fires caused by ground faults. The 15-amp GFCI duplex receptacle can be easily installed in a typical wall switch box for both residential and commercial use. For extra protection, this GFCI is both Tamper-Resistant and Weather-Resistant. Tamper Resistant GFCIs, have spring-loaded shutters that only open when a proper two or three bladed plug is inserted into the socket making them child proof. They are designed to detect and prevent foreign objects (such as keys, hairpins, or nails) from entering into the electrical socket. This is especially important in locations where there are children present. The Weather-Resistant features of the GFCI provides an additional level of protection in damp environments. It is built with more durable housing and corrosion-resistant metal components that can resist both UV light and extreme temperatures. These GFCI’s are ideal for outdoor ground fault protection. The 15-Amp Tamper/Weather Resistant GFCI also conveniently includes a built-in end-of-life warning feature which automatically alerts the user when the receptacle is no longer effective and needs to be reset or replaced. Wall plate included.
- Color: White
- Voltage: 125 V
- Amperage: 20-amp
- Safe: Safe-lock design assures fixed state when current is tripped
- Working Temperatures: Works reliably at temperatures from -31 F to 151 F
- Tamper-Resistant: Prevents foreign objects from entering into electrical socket
- Effective: Can sustain up to 6000 V & 10,000 amp current impulse instantaneously
- Easy Installation: Green grounding screw works as grounding connector for easy installation and recognition
- End-Of-Life Detection: When GFCI fails, red warning signal will auto-warn to remind user to reset or replace
- Strong & Durable Material: Made of high-impact resistant thermoplastic which is resistant to shock, heat, corruption and moisture
- Weather-Resistant: Built with more durable housing & corrosion-resistant metal components that can resist both UV light and extreme temperatures.
- Stay up to code!: As of 2008, the National Electric Code (NEC) requires that GFCI receptacles be installed in all possible wet and damp environments, including the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, and basement. The NEC also requires that all new and renovated facilities must use tamper resistant receptacles in all construction projects.
- Codes Met: This specific GFCI exceeds UL943 and cUL943 technical requirements in the NEC