What are the benefits of a Socket Wrench?
A socket wrench is a type of wrench that has a socket attached to the end.
- It can fit onto a bolt or nut to tighten or loosen it.
- The ratchet attaches to the socket to provide the torque needed to remove or install the fasteners.
- Interchangeable socket sets can ensure versatility.
- A socket set comes in either SAE, which uses inches, or metric sizes ranging from 3/8-1 1/2 inches.
- Socket extensions can help you get proper leverage on fasteners that are hard to reach.