Upgrading your old receptacles to USB-enabled outlets can be very simple. If you’re interested in installing USB wall outlets, there are two ways you can wire them:
*Caution* Always make sure to turn the power off to your circuit breaker before installing the receptacle in the wall.
1. Loop the wire around the terminal screws and tighten the screws
2. If you are attaching two wires to the same terminal, simply insert the wires through the terminal holes and then tighten the screws.
1. Always connect HOT wire to the HOT terminal screw (normally brass colored)
2. Always connect NEUTRAL wire to the NEUTRAL terminal screw (normally silver)
3. Always connect GREEN or BROWN wire to the GROUND terminal (green screw)
We offer a variety of USB-enabled electrical outlets that are tamper resistant. Tamper resistant outlets can protect anyone from tampering with the device and will help prevent electrical shock hazards. These outlets come equipped with a spring-loaded shutter that will close off the opening to prevent insertion of small foreign objects.
Switch to USB outlets to easily plug your phone directly into the wall to charge it, without use of an adapter. Some aspects you need to consider include your circuit breaker's power output, max amperage needed to charge the devices, and ground fault protection.
USB wall sockets improve convenience and allow you to charge your device without an adapter. When choosing a USB outlet, consider the electrical outlet rating, size, whether they are duplex or single, and max amperage.
USB outlets allow you to plug your charger directly into the wall without an adapter. Different types of ports include USB A, USB B, USB Micro, USB C, and many others.
Receive special deals and more, right to your inbox