Kidde 120V AC/DC Rear load Smoke Alarm with 9V Battery BackupPart Number: i12040
Comparable Smoke Detector Products
Kidde i12040 Description
120V AC/DC Rear load Smoke Alarm with 9V Battery Backup features:
- Rear load battery activation
- Large mounting base makes mounting easier
- Protects surface paint from dirt
- Ionization sensor
- Pre-stripped wiring harness with easy-off cap does not require stripper tool
- Large centrally located test/hush alarm control button
- Tamper resistant locking feature deters alarm theft
- Quick connect wiring plug with 8" pigtails
- Hush feature used to quickly silence nuisance alarms
- Audio alarm: 85dB at 10 ft.
The Kidde i12040A is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.