HomElectrical offers a variety of shipping methods to provide you with the lowest shipping prices. The majority of our orders are shipped UPS or Post Office. However, large or heavy orders are shipped using common carrier freight services. Please see our section on common carrier freight shipment for any additional information.
The shipping amount that we present to you on our website is the most accurate estimate we can provide. In the event that the actual shipping cost exceeds 15% of the original shipping estimate, we will contact you for your approval before we process your order.
Free shipping is available for orders exceeding 75 dollars of eligible items. Free shipping items are labeled with a green banner with the words Free Shipping. Free shipping only applies to regular ground shipping to commercial addresses within the 48 contiguous United States. Additional charges may apply to all non-commercial address deliveries, expedite shipping, and any additional accessorial charge needed for common carrier freight shipment. We reserve the right to select the best method of shipment on all orders that qualify for free shipping.
Processing & Delivery Time
HomElectrical is committed to getting your order to you as fast as possible, so our warehouse strives to have your orders processed and ready to ship within 1 -2 business days (Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm EST). However, most orders are processed and shipped from Georgia’s warehouse the same day when the order is received before 10 am EST.
|ORDER RECEIVED BEFORE 10 AM EST|
|Processing Center||Transit Time|
5 - 8 business Days
|2 - 3 business days||3 - 5 business days|
4 - 6 business Days
|1 business day||3 - 5 business days|
3 business Days
|Same Day||2 Business Days|
2 business Days
|Same Day||1 business day|
Next Day Air
1 business Days
|Same Day||1 business day|
Some items are shipped directly from the manufacturer, which might cause the delivery time to vary.
Please note that all delivery times are estimates.
Common Carrier Freight Shipment
A common carrier freight shipment is used when the order being shipped exceed the standard weight or size limit for parcel shipment. Depending on your proximity to the shipping origin, freight shipment deliveries range from 2 to 10 business days.
All freight deliveries require a loading dock and tractor-trailer access to unload the merchandises. In the event, your facility does not have a loading dock, the Lift Gate Service is required to safely unload any shipment over 75 lbs to the ground. Please be advised that the driver will NOT be able to assist you in unloading your shipment of the truck if a Lift Gate was not requested. Additional re-delivery charge will occur if the driver was not able to unload your shipment.
Please carefully read the following freight shipment check list when your delivery arrives. We highly recommend printing out this checklist for use during your delivery
- Verify the number of packages delivered with the packing slip provided by HomElectrical.
- Unpack your order immediately and inspect for visible and/or concealed damage.It is critical to check your order while the truck driver is still present. The driver may try to rush you into signing forms so he can leave; do not let anyone rush you. Check the products as they are being delivered and note any potential damage on the delivery receipt/bill of lading.Remember: Once the driver leaves, you become responsible for reporting any damages to the freight company. If part or all of your shipment is damaged and you did not note this in any way on the delivery receipt, we CANNOT guarantee any compensation for damages.
- Do not sign delivery forms until you have thoroughly checked all of your items. The driver is responsible for waiting until the shipment has been thoroughly inspected and signed for.
- Refuse delivery of any items with damage.
- Should any damage be discovered, keep the shipping carton and any inner packaging intact. Verbally request inspection immediately from the driver and make a written request to the carrier. Hidden or concealed damage must be reported and an inspection must be requested within 3 business days.
- If any damage is discovered (visible or concealed), contact HomElectrical customer service at 800-616-3532 to report the damage. Please have your order number, shipping information, and any available tracking number ready so we can quickly and accurately assist in the process.
Please note that Expedited shipping is not available for freight shipments.
Any order that is shipped using UPS from the USA to Canada may be subject to additional duties, taxes, or other fees necessary to cross the border. These charges will be billed to you directly from UPS and will not appear on our website’s shipping fee.
Any order that is shipped using a common carrier freight requires a broker to facilitate the import of your items into Canada. Should this be the case, we will contact you before processing the order to ask which brokerage company you are using if this information has not yet been provided. If you have already determined a broker for your shipment, please note this in the customer comments section of your order!
Upon delivery of your item, please be sure to inspect your order for damage or missing items before accepting the order. All damage claims must be reported within 48 hours of receiving the delievered items.
We make it our priority to get your orders to you on time and intact, but in some situations out of our control items can be lost. In these situations, our main concern is to find your items and we work diligently with the carrier to do so. For ground shipments, a trace will be started with the carrier that is delivering your shipment. If there is no movement on the tracking, then the terminals that your package went through will be checked. If your shipment is delivered but you do not have the package, the driver that delivered the package will be asked to confirm where it was delivered to.
Traces with UPS or Post Office and dock checks with the carrier will take approximately 3-5 business days to complete. We make it our priority to keep you updated on the status of the trace or dock check while it is being completed. If your shipment is found, we will continue the delivery to your location. If it is deemed lost, we will work with you to provide a satisfactory resolution.
Our orders are typically completed when shipped but in the event of a split shipment, the full amount of the shipping cost is charged with the first shipment. Additional shipping fees may be required for split shipments.
The packaging materials that are used during shipment are designed to keep the contents of your order safe from damage or mishandling. Occasionally, a shipment will be received with damage to the packaging, but because the packaging is designed to protect the products that we ship, compensation will not be offered for packaging damage alone. If the actual items in your shipment are damaged, please contact us right away so we can arrange for compensation or replacement.
In an effort to be more eco-friendly, we occasionally will ship items in recycled boxes which may contain descriptions unrelated to the products inside. This practice allows us to minimize costs on packaging which then is reflected into lower prices on our items. Please be sure to inspect the actual items inside of the packaging before refusing a shipment due to incorrect information on the boxes.