Ruler and Straight-Edge Benefits
A straight-edge can be used to draw out a straight line or to ensure that a surface is flat.
- The tool has an edge that is free from curves and is most effective at transcribing lines as well as determining their straightness.
- The straight-edge is going to have three bubble vials framed in it. These help to make sure that your object is level.
- Has a coated frame for more durability and a longer lasting tool for you.
A ruler on the other hand can be used to draw a straight line, check for flatness, and measure length.
- A ruler typically measures in inches and centimeters to give a more accurate and precise measurement.
- Wrap around rulers can be rolled up for easy storage. Wrap around rulers can be fitted to a length and width based on your needs.
- Two way flat end rulers will allow you to fold them up for easy storage. Two way flat end rulers have measurements marked on both sides of the ruler.
Rulers and straight-edges can be made from a variety of materials including: metal, wood, and plastic.
HomElectrical, the electrical supply store, has a large selection of both straight-edges and rulers to meet the needs of your project.