LED light bulbs are gaining significant market exposure, and with good reasons. As you may know, LED bulbs are more energy efficient, more environmentally friendly and a cost-saving alternative to the conventional halogen, metal halide, and high pressure sodium lights.
LED Street Lights deliver the best economic return compared to conventional alternatives -considering the total life-cycle costs including installation, maintenance, and energy.
- Energy Saving: LED lights use 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- Money-Saving: LED lights can save you thousands in electricity costs over its lifetime.
- Reduce Costs: LED lights can help reduce maintenance and operation costs.
- Long-Lasting: LED lights can last for up to 30,000 hours.
- Variety: LED lights come in a variety of styles, lumens and color temperatures.
Benefits of Switching to LED Street Lights
- Reduces maintenance costs: Unlike high-pressure sodium street lights, LED’s light output does not depreciate over time, making maintenance costs of replacing them significantly lower.
- Reduces operation costs: LED Street Lights can greatly reduce your utility bill, while still offering optimal brightness at a low wattage. They can also reduce energy consumption by 40 to 60 percent.
- Increases Driver Safety: Brighter and greater illumination can largely increase safety for drivers at night.
- Reduces your carbon footprint: LED technology has a lot of potential to reduce light pollution and reduce global energy use.
Did you know that...
The cost of installing one street pole is $4000. This includes the costs of the bulb, pole, electrical wires, and labor. As a contractor, you can understand the importance of a return on your investment. If you want to make sure that investing in LED’s over traditional lights will have a better bottom line, check out the chart below:
What is my Potential Return on Investment (ROI) if I Switch to LED’s?
|ROI||LED vs. Fluorescent Light Bulbs||LED vs. Sodium Light Bulbs|
Lamp price per unit
|Investment for 2000 lamps||500|
|Investment price per unit||$1,000,000||$1,000,000|
|Total Savings per year||$1,119,000||$513,000|
|Lifetime savings on lights||$18,394,521||$8,432,887|
|Payback on LED investment||0.89||1.95 (under two years)|
How do LED’s Compare to Fluorescent bulbs and High-Pressure Sodium Street Lights?
|LED Lamp Savings||Fluorescent Street Lights||High Pressure Sodium Street Lights||LED Street Lights|
Number of lights
|Electricity price per kwh||$0.20||$0.20||$0.20|
|Lamp hours per day||10||10||10|
|Maintenance per lamp (per year)||$450||$220||$0.00|
|Lifetime hours per lamp||2,000||
|Watts consumed per lamp||250||150||60,000|
|Cost a year per 2000 lamps||$365,000||$219,000||100|
|Total maintenance cost (per year)||$9,000,000||$440,000||$0.00|
|Total cost a year (current prices)||$1,265,000||$659,000||$146,000|
|Lifetime per lamp in years||0.55||4.38||16.44|
|Electricity/ Maintenance (lifetime)||$20,794,521||$10,832,877||$2,400,000|
Related Blogs & Other Resources: