If you are looking to convert to the LED technology available for your high bays but aren’t quite interested in replacing all your existing fixtures with new fixtures then a retrofit kit can work to your advantage. This is the most efficient way to upgrade your fixtures without replacing them in their entirety.
LED Shoebox Retrofit kits are:
- Environmentally friendly and do not contain any hazardous materials such as mercury.
- Easy to install. Don’t let the installation process scare you away. It’s a lot easier than you think.
- Designed to fit inside your existing fixture so you don’t have to change the aesthetics of your original fixture.
- Extremely efficient. You can get high quality lighting without the high energy consumption bill.
- Designed to live longer. The longer the bulb lives the less maintenance they require.
A LED retrofit kit is an assortment of materials used to make the process of installing your LED lighting as quick and easy as possible.
A Shoebox is a light fixture that can be used for indoor and outdoor application. This includes, security lighting, street lighting, large parking areas, roadways, and parks. These fixtures can also be found in large gyms and are perfect for converting high bays to LEDs. The Shoebox gets its name from its rectangular shape resembling that of an actual shoebox.
The shoebox retrofit kit is designed to replace a less efficient bulb in a preexisting light fixture with a more efficient led bulb and driver. These kits are ideal for replacing Metal Halide (MH), High Pressure Sodium (HPS), and Mercury lamps. Since the shoebox retrofit kit is designed to fit inside the previous fixture, you don’t have to worry about changing the aesthetics of the original model.
In order to choose the correct retrofit kit it is important to know the type of high bay lighting you have already. The color (2700k – 4100k), lumens, and wattage will be important specs to know. That way you can select the proper equivalent here.
Now that you are more knowledgeable about what a LED shoebox retrofit kit can do for you are you ready to convert and save on your energy consumption?