Earth Day is near and everyone is reminded of how important it is to take better care of the environment. Don’t let the idea overwhelm you. There are many ways to go green without hurting your pocket or inconveniencing yourself. In light of Earth Day, we have put together a list of 22 quick and easy tips for going green.
3. Change Your Light Bulbs: Incandescent bulbs are a waste. Try LED lighting for size.
4. Adjustable Thermostat: Programmable thermostats reduce wasted energy by operating on a schedule that works best for you.
16. Recycle Unwanted Newspaper: Don’t trash them. Recycle them. If you have a garden, here’s a good way to use them.
19. Rethink Bottled Water: Bottled water isn’t always a better quality of water and creates plastic waste.
21. Give Away Don't Throw Away: Instead of throwing away unwanted electronics and other items, try reselling or giving them away. If that doesn’t work, you could always recycle them. A quick google search could show you where.
22. B.Y.O.Bag: Plastic bags are not biodegradable. Consider buying reusable bags for future shopping.
Going green has never been so easy. Implementing these practices into your daily life will have a major impact on the earth. The kind of positive impact the earth has been needing for a long time. Let’s turn this Earth Day into every day.