What are the applications for a undercounter freezer?
Undercounter freezers are ideal anywhere that quick, convenient access to chilled items would be beneficial. They are often found under bar tops, in cafes, or in commercial kitchens.
What number of sections do I need?
Depending on how much storage space you need, the number of sections you need may very. Single section refrigerators typically comes with three shelves, with the option to buy more if you're storing smaller items. Larger boxes are split up into multiple sections, each with its own door. If you are not storing many items a single section should suffice, but if you are running a kitchen, it's better to go with the larger one. Trying to store too many items in a unit that's too small can overfill the unit which may cause it to be unable to maintain safe temperatures and run the risk of breaking down.
What are the benefits of a glass door vs. a solid door?
Solid doors are better insulated, so they are the more energy efficient of the two under most conditions. However, glass provides visibility into the box when the door is closed, which means users can see what's in each section before opening the door. If your equipment is frequently accessed, this can save energy in the long run since it could cut down on the length of time the door remains open.
What are the types of undercounter refrigerators?
There are three groups of under counter refrigerator models.
- Hotel Minibar- these models feature a small size of about one square foot. They are designed for food and refreshments in hotel rooms
- Counterheight - These models feature a larger size of about six square feet of storage space and are ideal for break rooms and small cafes
- Standard Undercounter - these models offer anywhere from 12 to 40 cubic feet of storage space and are ideal for large kitchens.
What is the refrigerator compressor?
The compressor pressurizes refrigerant and sends it into the box to absorb heat. It is mounted on either the top or the bottom of the unit.
What are the interiors of commercial refrigerators made out of?
Three common materials are used to build the interiors of commercial coolers:
- Stainless steel is very durable, which means it's scratch- and dent- resistant, easy to wipe clean with a cloth, and resists the growth of corroding rust, though that can form given damage or the use of caustic cleaners.
- Aluminum has many of the same benefits as stainless steel - it's easy to clean, but it isn't as durable. It's less resistant to scratching and denting, but is more affordable. While aluminum can corrode if damaged, the corrosion is clear, unlike rust, and actually forms a protective barrier that prevents further corrosion in that area.
- ABS plastic will not dent, scratch, or rust. Interiors made of this material are molded in one piece, with coved corners and no hard angles, so it's easy to clean and contains spills. Unlike metal, ABS can be punctured by a hard enough blow.
What temperature should my refrigeration unit be set to?
According to the Food and Drug Administration, your fridge should be set at or below 40 F (4 C). Your freezer should be set at 0 F (-18 C).