More Info/Benefits of Commercial Hot Plates
Commercial hot plates from HomElectrical: Electrical Supply provide a high heat option with a stainless steel structure and the ability to move it around for convenience. Each burner provides over 25,000 BTUs for even and fast cooking with independent controls to maintain the perfect temperature.
- BTUs are a measurement of thermal energy, or the amount of energy needed to raise one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit.
- The higher the BTUs the higher the energy and efficiency at rapidly heating up.
The benefits of a hot plate include:
- The hot plate makes making food in a commercial kitchen even easier with the portability to carry it wherever you need to.
- This portable stove comes with up to 6 burners for simultaneous cooking of any food you need.
- The hot plates are ETL certified to meet safety standards with protection from burns.
The advantages of gas or electric power can depend greatly on how you plan on using the appliance.
- A gas powered hot plate is going to heat up faster but it is difficult to get the same temperature every time.
- Electric hot plates are going to be easier to clean up but you will not get as fast of a response when heating up your ingredients.
When you are installing your portable stove remember these tips.
- For a gas powered you want to make sure that the gas connection is properly fitted and that there is no chance of leaking.
- Electrical hot plates are as easy as plugging it into the nearest electrical outlet.
According to the Food and Drug Administration food should be cooked to 140 F (60 C).